This year we will have a 4th and a 5th grader as well as a toddler.
We are keeping the kiddos together this year for most of their studies-
makes it so much easier for the teacher!! 😉
Here’s our list:
~4th- Teaching Textbooks- 3 (almost finished) then 4
~5th- Math Mammoth/Geometry– then Teaching Textbooks- 6
- Spelling– Spell by Color– so excited about this great Free spelling curriculum
- Grammar– SF Reading/Grammar Book 5– another great Free resource
- Literature– The kiddos will have separate books they are reading with discussion questions:
~4th- Black Beauty
~5th- The Call of the Wild
- Science– Curiosity Files- Quicksand (love these studies)
- Geography– Road Trip USA– looks like a fun and easy resource
- Keyboarding– Dance Mat Typing– yet another great Free resource
- Handwriting– A Reason for Handwriting– levels C and E
- Art– Everyday Easels– I am in love with Schoolhouse Teachers.com
- Phys ED.- These great PE Activity Cards (kids choose 4 per day)- These are from Confessions of a Homeschooler, but I’m having a hard time finding the link. Will update when I do.
- Critical Thinking– We have a sample of Virtual Mind Benders we are going to try out.
- Spanish– Schoolhouse Teachers lessons again!! (Did I mention I heart Schoolhouse Teachers.com?)
- Calendar Notebooks– Yep- another great Free resource from Confessions of a Homeschooler!!
- Independent Projects– Each kiddo will be choosing a topic to study and will be presenting a project in any manner they choose (report, lapbook, presentation, etc.) at our Learning Expo’s once a month.
And that wraps it up for now. We are starting slowly and will be adding some additional items as we go. (I’ll add them here as we do.)
I will be detailing many of these resources in upcoming posts- so stay tuned if you are interested.
Are you ready for the new school year?
What resources will your little learners be using?
**Please note- some of the content above may contain affiliate links. We appreciate your support.**
- Share It -