I am a muffin lover- blueberry, chocolate chip, banana nut, and pumpkin are among my favorites.
Unfortunately, lucky for me, my kiddos love them even more than I do.
Hence the picture above. I made a delicious batch of cinnamon pumpkin muffins…. this is what I had left to photograph after only 15 minutes. I only had one… sniff, sniff.
If you would like to try the deliciousness for yourself- directions are below.
Yummy Cinnamon Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper muffin cups.
- In a large mixing bowl- add flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Blend with mixer on low speed until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl- combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, and butter. Blend with mixer on low speed until well mixed.
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix on high for about 30-45 seconds.
- Scoop into muffin cups and sprinkle muffin tops with 1/4 tsp sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon mixture (optional, but super yummy).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Yield 12 muffins- be sure to hid a few because these babies disappear quickly!!