Every Box of I.D.E.As. provides:
- portable learning opportunities- great for doctor waiting rooms, travel and vacation, or just an afternoon at the park.
- relevant, fun, and thought provoking information that allows the students to delve deep into the topic being studied.
- numerous activities, games, and exercises that bring to life the lessons being taught.
- additional learning opportunities in the form of web links and enrichment activities.
- topic specific tests that will allow the teacher to gauge the understanding her students have gained for the specific topic studied.
I was so excited when this review popped up on the Schoolhouse Review Crew schedule. I have been looking for some resources to break up the monotony that we sometimes find ourselves in with schoolwork. Month after month of the same kind of studies can bring dissatisfaction and fussiness to our home, so finding some fun to interject every so often can reinvigorate our schooling.
I requested to review the Salt Box of I.D.E.As. as I realized my children were on the younger end of the recommended age bracket and I wanted something that would be simple for them to grasp. We received the “Box” as a PDF download and I must say that it was much more extensive than I had first thought. I figured a study about salt would be fun, but I had no idea what the Box of I.D.E.As. had in store for us.
The Salt Box includes the following modules:
- History of Salt
- Language of Salt
- Need for Salt
- Preserving with Salt
- Producing Salt
- Science of Salt
- The Salt March
- Salt of the Earth
- The Wall that Salt Built
- Very Salty