Rosemary Pot Roast with Veggies and Tri-Color Potatoes
This yummy dinner was husband and kiddo approved- and it’s super simple to make. Score!!
Without a doubt, my favorite kitchen tool is my trusty crock-pot. I use it all the time to make delicious dinners for the family and I rarely ever have a complaint about the finished product.
I love my Rosemary Pot Roast recipe because it fulfills my husband’s need for meat and potatoes and puts a great twist on an old favorite. This recipe has quickly become one of our “Family Favorite Recipes.”
Fresh rosemary and thyme truly bring the flavors of this dish to the next level and the tri-color potatoes are a fun addition. Who doesn’t love eating a purple potato? It’s a win for my kiddos every time!
Here’s how to do it:
- 2-3 lb chuck roast
- 2 large carrots- cut into 2″ pieces (or you can use pre-peeled baby carrots)
- 2 onions, quartered
- 5-6 tri-colored potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups beef broth
- olive oil
- sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Season the roast with salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the quartered onions and carrots to the skillet and brown slightly. Drain and add to crock pot.
- Add quartered potatoes to the veggies in the crock pot.
- Using the same skillet, sear the roast on all sides- about one minute on each side. Drain and add to crock pot.
- Add beef broth to crock pot. Top roast with fresh rosemary and fresh thyme.
- Cook on high for 4 hours, medium for 6 hours or low for 8 hours. Roast is done when cooked through and veggies are tender.
Hope you enjoy!!
Check out our other family favorite recipes here!
Let us know what recipes your family is loving in the comments below.