The Feingold Diet is a type of elimination diet that encourages replacing foods that contain harmful chemicals and additives with healthier options in hopes to curb some behavior problems that have been associated with those chemicals and additives. We began our Feingold diet journey recently and and have been searching for new snack foods to try. These are some favorites that we can still enjoy:
- Carrots (mini peeled carrots or shredded carrots in a bowl which are so much fun to eat)
- Yogurt- we have to stick with vanilla or lemon for now, but we just found Maple flavored- Yummmmy!!
- Annies Natural Snack Crackers (chocolate bunnies are a favorite around here)
- Fresh Pears, Pineapple, Kiwi, Cantaloupe
- Cinnamon Toast
- Corn Chips
- Cheese (again shredded is preferred)
- Rice Pudding (with cocoa powder)
Those are most of our favorites for now- we are really missing apples, grapes and berries of all kinds. My sweet daughter is a fruit addict and she gets really sad when I tell her she can’t have apples anymore (just for the first six weeks- not forever). So we are on the lookout for new and exciting snack foods we CAN eat that will fill the holes for us!! I hope these suggestions help you jumpstart your Feingold Diet journey!